Dani

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Entry

Well, I have never started a blog, but I thought, hmmm, well, I have thoughts and experiences...so I might as well share them. I am in my senior year at college, possibly the most difficult year. Just when you think you are on top of everything, you're not. But I am getting there, slowly but surely. It is nice to know that I have an end date, and it's near.


I suppose I should start by giving a little background as to who I am. I am a patriot. I love my country, and I support our men and woman in uniform who fight for our freedoms and sacrifice so that we may keep them. They are the true definition of what courage, honor and sacrifice is. I should like to see their pictures by those words in the dictionary. My dad is, and has been in the United States Army for many years. He recently just returned from a year long deployment in Iraq and I am so proud of him, and so very thankful that God kept him safe while he was away from us. Although...he did come back with an emense amount of gray hair. haha. Apparently it's stressful overseas.


While my dad was in Iraq, he ran a few marathon's for the Wounded Warrior Project. Many of the Soldier's ran these to support their fellow wounded and fallen Soldiers. Here is a picture of my dad running :-)


I love my family more than anything in this world. I have never seen the strength in anyone than that which my mom posses. She is the rock of our family. I have an incredible brother, to which is much smarter than I. And exceedingly more funny. :-)


In 2006 I was in a horrible motorcyle accident. My right arm was shattered and my left foot was hanging by my achillies tendon. The doctors said that I would never walk again, and if I did, I would without doubt have a limp. The main bone in my foot, the Talus bone, was severed completely in half, with the top half completely dead bone...meaning there was no blood flow in it. The doctors told my parents it would be wise to look at ankle replacements right away, so that I would have an opportunity to possibly walk with that. I told them no thank you, that I knew without a doubt that my God, my healer and savior would heal my foot. A year later I could start walking on it little by little, and they started noticing blood flow back in the top section of my talus bone. Two years later I could walk completely normal, no limp. I can play hockey again, go snowboarding, anything I want, except for running because it causes too much pressure to my bones. My foot is a miracle. I am a WALKING miracle :-) All I can say is God is faithful. This October will be 4 years since my accident...and everyday I am thankful.


Lets get back to the school aspect of my life. I am a TV Journalism major, so I report on events happening, get to meet absolutley incredible people sometimes, and get to be a part of things that I wouldn't necessarily be a part of if I wasn't in this field. So throughout this blog I will probably write about many of the stories I find or report on, which I think will be incredibly exciting.


Well, I am offically finished with my very first blog ever. I am extremely excited about it! I hope that you have gotten to know a little about me, and maybe even look forward to hearing more from me!
Until next time!
God bless you and keep you safe!

1 comment:

  1. Danyel!

    Congrats on completing your first post! I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete